If love has grown cold in your family, husband, you must do something about it. If you are going to emulate the love of Jesus Christ for His church, it is up to you to initiate love… Jesus loved us when we had no love for Him. You are the head of your home. If there is little or no love in that home, it is your fault. God holds you responsible to introduce love. You must do that by giving. ~ Jay E. Adams
- Do I know what is going on in my home from day to day?
- Am I in control of what is happening; indeed, am I leading the family in the direction in which it is moving?
- Can I control my children and my wife?
- Do I truly love my wife (by giving of myself to her), as I should? How am I demonstrating this?
- Do I assume responsible leadership over my family?
Resources on being a Godly Husband
- The Masculine Mandate: God’s Calling to Men by Richard D. Phillips
- What’s the Difference?: Manhood and Womanhood Defined According to the Bible by John Piper
- Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood by Grudem & Piper
- Biblical Foundations for Manhood and Womanhood by Wayne Grudem
- Strengthening Your Marriage by Wayne A. Mack
- The Godly Home by Richard Baxter