Ok, I’ll say it…I’m book poor! Even applying my own tips using Amazon Wish Lists, I’ve spent quite a bit of money over the years building my personal library. And thankfully I’ve not made too many poor choices (even if I do own a copy of Hal Lindsay’s, The Late Great Planet Earth!). But what really gets my juices flowing are clearance or discount Christian books and special promotions. Last week I got the weekly email from WTSBooks and noticed their clearance books were 70% off!
Here’s what I ordered today (you won’t believe the prices!):
- Joel & Amos (Tyndale Old Testament Commentaries)
- Matthew (Baker Exegetical Commentary on the NT)
- The Acts of the Apostles (Pillar New Testament Commentary)
- 1 Corinthians (Baker Exegetical Commentary on the NT)
- Colossians – Philemon (Word Biblical Commentary)
- James (Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the NT)
- James (Baker Exegetical Commentary on the NT)
- Jude and 2 Peter (Baker Exegetical Commentary on the NT)
And I got a hard copy of the Bible study the kids are doing – 70% off!
- Most Important Thing You’ll Ever Study: Old Testament (vols. 1-2 and Answer Key)
- Most Important Thing You’ll Ever Study: New Testament (vols. 3-4 and Answer Key)
All total, I spent $209.36 and saved $202.56! Oh, and did I mention that my order qualified for free shipping, too. Here’s a link directly to the WTSBooks Clearance books!
Sign Up for Email Specials!
Last year I was able to snag several copies of Living for God’s Glory: An Introduction to Calvinism by Joel Beeke when they were on special from Ligonier’s in a $5 Friday special; that’s a great deal considering the retail price is $24! And I also got a couple sets of DVDs that retailed for $85 for only $5 each. For the last few years that’s where I’ve found Christmas presents and books to give-away in our church. If you’ve not signed up for the email specials from these stores, it’s free and I’d do it today!