Most Christian children today have never seen their dad open a Bible to lead their family in a time reading and prayer. The idea of “family worship” is completely foreign in most Christian homes today. And even when their is a desire, very often parents feel inadequate or awkward. That’s understandable. One Year Dinner Table Devotions is a great resource to help parents begin!
“Getting the kids to turn off the TV and video games is challenge enough—let alone gathering as a family to read and discuss the Bible! One Year of Dinner Table Devotions & Discussion Starters helps families start where they are already gathered together on a daily basis—around the dinner table. As the meal comes to a close, family members can take turns turning to the dinner-table devotion for that day, designed to be done together as a family in 10 to 15 minutes. The result is a meaningful daily discussion in which every family member can participate, drawing the whole family closer to God . . . and each other.”
Other Resources for Family Worship
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp
- Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Kids with the Love of Jesus by Elyse Fitzpatrick
- Disciple Like Jesus: For Parents by Alan Melton
- Instructing a Child’s Heart by Tedd & Margie Tripp
- Age of Opportunity: A Biblical Guide to Parenting Teens by Paul David Tripp