Too many Christians today don’t know what they believe – or why! This is a fantastic DVD series that can be used in Sunday School classes, small groups or for home Bible studies that teaches you the main doctrines of the Bible.
Understand what you believe! In this ground breaking DVD series Professor Wayne Grudem teaches the 20 main doctrines of the Christian faith with biblical depth, spiritual passion and a freshness that makes this series unique in the Christian world.
The aim of the course is to provide a good understanding of all the main doctrines of the Bible in an accessible and enjoyable format, securing and grounding Christians in the faith.
Each session lasts approximately 40 minutes with optional Discussion Break and Question & Answer sections. It is suitable for both group or individual use. These talks by Dr. Grudem are based on his book Christian Beliefs: Thwenty Basics Every Christian Should Know.
- What is the Bible? The authority, necessity, clarity and sufficiency of Scripture
- What is God like? The attributes of God. God’s holines, love, justice, omniscience, and much more
- What is the Trinity? Exploring the beauty, complexity and roles within the Godhead
- What is creation? The origin and purpose of creation, and the implications for us today
- What is prayer? Understanding our relationship with the Lord and how it works out in prayer
- What are angels and demons? How the activities of both angels and demons affect us today
- What is man? Understanding the implictions of being made in God’s image
- What is sin? The origin and effects of sin
- Who is Christ? The humanity and deity of Christ and its implications for salvation and worship
- What is atonement? The cause, necessity, nature and results of Christ’s atonement
- What is the resurrection? Understanding the effects of the resurrection for us today
- What is election (or predestination)? What election does and does not mean, and its implications for faith and worship
- What does it mean to become a Christian? The process of calling, regeneration and conversion
- What are justification and adoption? The central role of justification by faith and its result in adoption
- What are sanctification and perseverance? Christian growth and God’s preservation of the saints
- What is death? The death and resurrection of Christians and non-Christians
- What is the church? The power, purposes, purity, unity and consistency of the church
- What will happen when Christ returns? The timing, signs, tribulation, and millennial views of Christ’s return and reign
- What is the final judgement? The purpose and events of the final judgement and the scriptural teaching about hell
- What is heaven? The renewed heavens and earth, what we will do, and how it will glorify God
Other Resources by Wayne Grudem
- Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine
- Bible Doctrine: Essential Teachings of the Christian Faith
- Politics According to the Bible: A Comprehensive Resource for Understanding Modern Political Issues in Light of Scripture
- Business for the Glory of God: The Bible’s Teaching on the Moral Goodness of Business